Access your data quickly and efficiently with the 250GB 850 Evo 2.5″ SATA III SSD from Samsung. This 250GB solid state drive features sequential read speeds of up to 540 MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 520 MB/s allowing for the rapid transfer of large files. The integrated SATA 6 Gb/s interface makes installation quick and easy while remaining backwards compatible with SATA II 3 Gb/s and SATA 1.5 Gb/s interfaces. This Samsung SSD even comes with 512MB of low power DDR3 SDRAM used as cache memory to enhance processing speeds.
With a 2.5″ form factor, this solid state drive is designed to be used in a variety of notebook and desktop computers. The reduced size is achieved through the use of Samsung’s 3D V-NAND flash memory as each of the 32 cell layers are stacked vertically rather than horizontally. Samsung also implements their own TurboWrite technology to deliver enhanced sequential read and write speeds while Rapid Mode software utilizes the integrated cache (DRAM) memory to improve processing speeds. Insert this solid state drive into nearly any notebook computer and you benefit from improved battery life with the enhanced SSD controller allowing the drive to sleep at an efficient 2 mW.
- 3D V-NAND Technology
- Samsung’s 3D V-NAND flash memory helps to overcome the limitations of conventional planar NAND architecture. It stacks 32 cell layers vertically over one another rather than trying to fit itself onto a fixed horizontal space, in order to provide high density and performance with a small footprint.
- TurboWrite Technology
- Samsung’s TurboWrite technology helps to maximize your computing ability. The 850 EVO delivers exceptionally high performance in sequential read and write speeds, as well as optimized random performance for high-end computing on client PCs.
- Rapid Mode
- Samsung’s Magician software provides a Rapid Mode for fast processing speeds on a system level by utilizing unused PC memory (DRAM) as cache storage, as well as high performance at various random queue depths.
- Long Lasting and Energy Efficient
- Enjoy long battery life on your notebook to maximize productivity, thanks to a controller optimized for Samsung’s 3D V-NAND technology and enabling device sleep at a highly efficient 2mW. The 850 EVO is also highly energy efficient as compared to planar 2D NAND technology.
- AES 256-Bit Encryption
- Secure data without performance degradation thanks to AES 256-bit encryption that is compliant with TCG Opal 2.0. The 850 EVO is also compatible with Microsoft e-drive IEEE1667 for extra protection to help secure your peace of mind.
- Dynamic Thermal Guard
- This constantly monitors and works to maintain ideal temperatures to protect the integrity of your data and safeguard from overheating. When temperatures rise above an optimal threshold, the Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically throttles them down to protect data while maintaining responsiveness.
- One-Stop Install Navigator
- With One-Stop Install Navigator software you can migrate all of the data and applications from your existing primary storage to the 850 EVO in three simple steps. The Samsung Magician software also allows you to optimize and manage your system in a manner that is best suited for the SSD.
- Samsung Components
- The 850 EVO is built from Samsung Components that are designed and manufactured in-house to allow complete optimized integration. This means high performance, low power consumption with an up to 1 GB LPDDR2 DRAM cache memory and excellent energy-efficiency with the MEX/MGX controller.